Saturday, May 12, 2012

I remember the days when I didn't have an answering machine. If the phone rang it kept ringing unless someone was there to answer it. I wasn't constantly accessible like I am today. I miss those days. Now when someone calls me they try me on my home phone, my cell phone, text me, email me, and pretty soon they may send a tweet out for me. Should I really say on my message that I can't get to the phone right now or should I say, "I am currently taking a tech break. Please leave a message at the beep."

2 comments:

  1. Georgeann,

    I agree. Sometimes we need to power down. I would pay big money to have a plug installed, so sometimes I could just have no power and truly be unplugged!

    I just got back from Peru where I didn't have a cell phone and it was very refreshing. I was definitely in the moment more.

    I just can seem to get myself away from it while home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could invent that power down button you would make more than your every day app maker that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete